New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I NEED A WORD

Here lately it seems that GOD isn't talking very much or doesn't have very much to say to me. It may be because that when he speaks, I'm not listening.

As I go around Christian people some are always saying; “GOD told me” this and that. To hear them talk they have a pipeline to heaven where they have an ongoing dialogue with GOD and they converse with HIM constantly getting directions for all they do.

This may be true because GOD isn’t talking to me that much and the reason may be because they have all HIS attention and he is too busy to get around to me. Or it may not be true and they are having a self induced conversation with an imaginary friend.

Do we from time to time get a word from the LORD? The answer is simply stated, yes we do.

The next question is how can we be sure whether it is GOD speaking or just thoughts emanating from our mind? My first impulse is to say; “Wouldn't you like to know” but I will restrain myself and give you something to consider, argue with, or just outright reject.

The best way to know if GOD is speaking to you about something is to study the Bible to the point of a good understanding of what it says. Then grasp the doctrines or truth it supports. Having done this you don't need a new word for it is already built into you and it will come up when you are facing a given situation.

The next level concerning getting a word from GOD is when you are troubled and need help coping with a situation, and the answer isn't that obvious.

Due to the fact that we are all different and our approach will differ, there is still a commonality among us all, and that is to take time to meditate and worship and listen. Now when (speaking from experience) you do this the mind will try to overpower your spiritual sensors, and provide all kinds of solutions, and you may be trapped into accepting one of them, and think it is from GOD.

The mind is involved in every phase of our lives. The senses flood the mind with information which it must interpret and make sense of. Our emotions give input about how we feel about the sensory information, and our will directs the actions we take.

With some people that is the whole package, but with a Christian there is an added dimension, and that is the reborn spirit is in contact with GOD and from time to time there is additional non-sensory input or in other words “GOD speaking to us”.

Then comes the difficult part - - understanding, if it just something from the mind or is it input from the spirit of GOD through the spirit of man to the mind?

It is through experience that we are able to discern the difference. If this lesson isn’t learned we’ll go around saying GOD told me this and that, when it is just a product of the imagination.

A recent example of how this works in my own life was before I went to sleep the other night I was thinking; “GOD is sure quite lately,” that is, HIM speaking within me, and I decided to pray about this, so I said; “LORD I would like a word of encouragement or instruction or something.”

As I laid there a word came to me that I didn’t want to hear, and that was - -

“You need to pray for your leaders.”

Now I knew the scriptures that admonished Christians to hold up and pray for the leadership of this country, and up out of my memory came the scripture 1 TIM 2 :1-2 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.

I got what I asked for a word from GOD confirmed by the scripture but I didn’t like it.

The last thing I wanted to do was pray for our sitting president because I don’t like where he is leading us.

After settling down I began to see a different picture, I saw a man who is far over his head with responsibility, and he needs GOD’S help more than he realizes.

Whether he will humble himself and follow GOD’S leading is not my responsibility, my job is to do what GOD has directed me to do, and that is to pray for him. The next part was to pray for the Congress, that peace shall be in those chambers. That within their disagreements there shall always be unity, and one body with one agenda, and that is the good for the citizens of this country.

There is another word from GOD, and that is completely initiated by GOD which has only happened twice in my life time, and that the word comes with revelation or foreknowledge and requires you to act.

Before you act your assurance that GOD has spoken to you must be at the level where you would give up your life if you were wrong, you must be that sure. There are many examples in the Bible of this happening, but like I said it only happened twice in my life.

In this day the church of JESUS CHRIST needs to hear from GOD but the last thing it needs is a bunch of people running around saying GOD told me this and that, when it is nothing but nonsense and an effort to enhance their Christian façade.

Well agree or disagree it’s of no matter as long as the spirit of unity is preserved. Listen to the song below, and even if you disagree with my rant it will bless you and make up for my lack of ability to bless! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUmDuQP1mQ&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.