New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

THE WRANGLER Chapter six


I Miss You So Much !!
 
Lynda said goodbye to Joe and said she wouldn’t be coming back at least for some time.
He wanted to know why and she said, “I have to get on with my life.”

He said, “I will miss you and hope you change your mind and come back.”
She said, “How much?”

“How much what?” he asked.
“How much will you miss me?”
“I don’t know, I just know I will miss you as much as I can.”


She said, “I have to go, I will write Cindy and let her know what I’m doing, goodbye Joey.”
Those words cut deep and Joe didn’t know if he could bear not seeing her again.  It sounded like she was going to get married and he couldn’t blame her for not wanting to hang around him.

Joe tried to keep his mind on running the ranch but Lynda occupied much of his thoughts.
It had been a month and He had not heard anything from her so he kept asking Cindy if she had heard but she said, “No I will tell you if I do.”

She teased him by saying, “I think you are interested in her for more than just a friend. I believe you are in love with her. Joey is in love, Joeey is in love with Lynda.”
She was having a lot of fun at Joe’s expense not realizing she was striking a nerve.

Joe had to make several trips to town during that month and some of the boys had got paid and were in town on one occasion and tried to get Joe to go down to the Madam’s place.
They told him you don’t have to do anything; you can just sit and visit with the girls.

Joe told them, “Visiting those girls was the last thing he wanted to do.”

The guys gave him a Parting shot saying; “You don’t know what you’re missing,” and went their way laughing.

When he returned to the ranch Cindy said, “I got a letter from Lynda.”

She waited for some response from him. He finally couldn’t stand it so he said, “Tell me.”

She said, “It’s mostly about what she has been doing.”

Joe said, “What has she been doing?”

“Well let’s see, she has been seeing some of the fellows we know, one of them more than the others. He has a lot of money and she thinks he is going to propose to her. 

She said if he does she probably will turn him down although she isn’t sure because no one else is that interested in her as far as she knows. At least no one has made it known to her.

That’s about it I’m going to write to her is there anything you want me to say to her?”

Joe turned away but said, “Tell her I want to see her very bad that’s all.”

“Don’t you want me to say some love stuff.  You know want to tell her that don’t you?”

Joe said, “I don’t know you figure it out.”

She said, “If you want to see her so bad I’m going to visit her for a couple of days next week you can go with me.”

Joe didn’t say anything but she could see he wanted to go.

From that point she talked as if he was going with her and she helped him pack.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.