New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

MR. EBON Chapter One


This short fictional story is continued and it is only 4 chapters long
 
Mr. Ebon suddenly appeared

As Sam Morgan sat at his desk he was staring at the ceiling and his mind was a total blank.

He must have been doing that for thirty minutes undisturbed for all the employees had gone home two hours ago. 

Finally a thought appeared on the canvas of his mind and all it brought with it was a painful reminder of past mistakes. He wasn’t a bad man but he had done things he shouldn’t have done and they surfaced at inconvenient times to torture him.

“How many times must I pay for my failures?” he thought?  “Why does it keep haunting me? If someone could tell me how I can change the past then I will gladly do it.  I will change everything in a flash just tell me how.”

When I plead my case all I get for an answer is… silence with no remedy. I have hardened my soul against all my unkindly deeds but under laying it all it still remains eating away at me.

Sam kept a revolver in his desk drawer and finally took it out. He took the bullets out of the gun and clicked the trigger several times playing Russian roulette without the bullets in the gun. He then reloaded the gun and was thinking of a way out of this life.

As he thought of his life he was startled by a man standing in the shadows of the large office. When he composed himself he was finally able to speak.

“Who are you?” he asked.

The figure was silent remaining in the shadows.

Once again Sam spoke; “Who are you and how did you get into here?”

The mysterious figure moved slightly but remained silent.

This is the last time I’m going to ask you; “How did you gain entrance to my office for the building is locked and my office also.”

The figure took a few sinister steps toward Sam and it was unnerving to him.

“My door always squeaks when opened, and makes a loud piercing noise when opened even a little.  I won’t allow it to be oiled for it always announces someone’s arrival. How did you get in without the door doing its duty?”

With a couple more steps taken the strange figure now was close enough for Sam to see his eyes and they were icy cold.

Fear gripped Sam but he didn’t want to show it if he could avoid it, as the figure took a couple more steps.

When he was standing at the desk front he stared at Sam and spoke; “I have come.”

“You have come, what are you here for?”

“I have come for you.”

“Well what if I don’t want to go with you.”

“You don’t have a say in the matter.”

“Who are you anyway coming in here talking all this foolishness and making no sense at all?  You still haven’t answered my question; how did you get in here?”

“I am like the wind, I go where I want to go and walls don’t stop me.”

“Well that may be but I’m telling you to get out of here the same way you came in and don’t come back again.”

“I am sorry but I can’t leave yet.”

“Do you mind telling me why?”

“Yes I could but I don’t think you’re ready for that yet.”

“I haven’t got a clue as to what you’re talking about just get out of here.  Okay I’m going to leave and you can stay here if you like.”

“Oh I’m going to leave when you do, or I should say you’re leaving when I go.”

“Why should I go when you go?”

“It’s mandatory.”

“This is crazy, mandatory?  Who dictates that?”

“Shall we say; someone bigger than you and I.”
 

To be Continued
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.