New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

ENJOYING IT LESS



image courtesy photobucket.com

There are many questions posed within this framework; they usually start of with something like this.

Drinking more and enjoying it less? Eating more and enjoying it less?

Working more and enjoying it less?  And so on - - -

It has been suggested that a life of minimal-ization is the answer to a fuller life.

First of all I join the chorus of millions and declare, “This is not the American way.”

The economy is now suffering because we Americans are not indulging ourselves to the extent we are accustomed to.

Admittedly there are some who have not been affected by loss of income and the inflationary trend, who still are buying everything new on the market, but many have been forced to do without things they don’t really need.

Should I do an inventory of all I own, I fear I would find I could do without at least half of it very nicely. Having lived through the “Great Depression” I know first hand how much you really need to get by on.

This brings us to the fact we Americans are living far beyond our necessary needs. We have been brainwashed to believe we must have things that are unnecessary to a full and comfortable life.

This in turn has caused us to work more, produce more and demand higher wages and has made us unable to compete in the world markets.
Oh Me Oh My, What Next? 
image courtesy Photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.