New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

LIKE YESTERDAY



image courtesy photobucket.com

On occasion something will pop up in my mind that I haven’t thought of for years.

I suppose I’m not alone in this happening. It always amazes me when this happens for it seems to come out of nowhere. The older you get you have more things stored away so age facilitates this occurring.

Unfortunately not all memories are pleasant ones and I would rather forget them but since I don’t have a delete button on my mind I’m stuck with them.

I just hate it when some embarrassing event surfaces and I live the whole thing over experiencing the rise in blood pressure and the redness in my face. Fortunately this is happening less as I get older and the good times are mostly the rule.

As people are trying to confuse lifestyles and marriage today it makes me wonder how they could have missed the original plan laid out before sin entered the world.

At an early age I discovered the difference in gender. This was before I was subjected to the unisex philosophy by confused minds that tried unsuccessfully to confuse my thinking on the subject.

This confusion has stolen from many the joy of marriage between a man and a woman.

I do feel sorrow for those who have been a victim of this confusion who have had to placate themselves by defending their lifestyle choices in order to have some semblance of peace within.

Unless one has experienced a true marriage it is impossible for them to know or understand what it is.

Within a true marriage there are many factors such as work, intimacy, responsibility and one other ingredient and that is the peace of GOD that accompanies it. Anything else has to be considered a substitute for the real thing. I believed this from the time when I wed my wife and some sixty plus years later I haven’t changed my mind.

image courtesy photobucket.com

My marriage has been what I dreamed it to be and if I ever grow too old to dream I will still have her kiss to remember.

I believe you will enjoy this song on YouTube
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80fa0X4eF_o&feature=related

Linking this post to Brag on God Fridays, Please visit there.
http://www.beholdingglory.com/1/post/2011/10/brag-on-god-friday13.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.