New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

OLE HARRY



image courtesy photobucket.com

Many years ago, when I first became a roofer, I was impressed with all the different characters that were in the trade.  I first began roofing at the age of 15 but only worked about a year and returned to Tennessee to be with the home folks.

A couple years later I returned to California and stayed with my uncle on a 1000 acre ranch due to there not being any jobs available.

After a few months I was planning on going to work in a cannery, but just before I started, a roofing contractor I had previously worked for offered me a job roofing - - so once again I took up the roofing trade.

It was required that all newcomers join the union and enter the apprentice program, so I worked during the day and attended school two nights a week which I didn’t care for. The union made sure that the journeyman roofers got the first jobs and then the apprentices would get the left over jobs.

It wasn’t long before my skills reached the journeyman level and most of the time I managed to keep busy, even though it meant taking work that the journeyman workers wouldn’t do.

The union hall acted as a hiring place and I worked for many various contractors getting to know most all of the roofers and making friends with them.

One character I worked with was a guy named Harry Hershman and he seemed a little strange to me. At the end of each day he would talk about quitting, but the next day he was always back again.  He was the only one who took his hand tools home with him every night while everyone else left theirs at the shop.

After awhile he started talking about this medium he was going to and getting messages through her. This went on day by day with him getting more into it all the time. He would share his experiences with me since I was somewhat a captive audience.

Finally one day he started talking about acting as a medium himself and his focus was on getting a séance trumpet. He felt that if he could get that trumpet he would be in business.

I never knew if he became a medium or not because the business we worked for was shut down by the board of equalization for non payment of FICA and other taxes.

Today you hear a lot about channeling. It has come to mean a myriad of things. The mainstream are witches and warlocks, people who have sold their souls to Satan for a little of his power.

This channeling is just the same old boring story of Satan imitating the power of GOD. If you notice the so called chandlers often will try to associate their power with GOD. What they don’t say is that it is the god of this world, Satan.

GOD has provided the church with real power; the gifts of the Holy Spirit. There are three we should be better acquainted with and that is the gift of “word of wisdom, word of knowledge and discerning of spirits.”

image courtesy photobucket

A study of the Spiritual gifts will better prepare one in understanding how GOD will use them in people’s lives.  They are truly supernatural and one will have difficulty in understanding them without knowing the Word of GOD.

Though I have limited experience with them, the one thing I know, is that you would stake your life on their manifestation.

In the Old Testament, GOD’S people were commanded not to go to a witch but nevertheless they would disobey and seek out one for directions. Deuteronomy 18:10-13

Do not defile yourselves by turning to mediums or to those who consult the spirits of the dead. I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:31

I will also turn against those who commit spiritual prostitution by putting their trust in mediums or in those who consult the spirits of the dead. I will cut them off from the community. Leviticus 20:6

Someone may say to you, "Let's ask the mediums and those who consult the spirits of the dead. With their whisperings and mutterings, they will tell us what to do." But shouldn't people ask God for guidance? Should the living seek guidance from the dead? Isaiah 8:19

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (lady gaga) sang for Bill Clinton’s birthday party, she later revealed on her Twitter account that she had been 'channeling Marilyn Monroe.'

While most of this channeling is a farce there are some people who have committed their soul to Satan and are channeling him. They have been taken captive by one or more demonic spirits, many are not unlike themselves and are simpatico with the spirits and willing to cooperate with them.

Just do not be deceived like my friend Ole Harry ! There is the false and there is the genuine.

The Christian’s charge from Christ is to “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.