New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

POWER OF REMINDING


As a youngster I was plagued by forgetfulness.

Being caught up with all of my important things like playing marbles, roller skating, and all of the other important stuff I sometime would forget to do what my parents instructed me to do.

When I was found out, my standard answer would be, “I forgot.” There were times when “I forgot” didn’t satisfy - - and I was in for it.

As I grew older I found that this malady continued to follow me even though I struggled against it.  I could forget almost anything. 

I would write down reminders and forget to look at them. The one thing that was consistent I always repented for my oversight.

When it comes to the things of GOD even though I have the HOLY SPIRIT quickening me, I sometimes forget what the Bible says and act contrary to it.

I say, “I forgot,” for if I remembered the scriptural admonition and acted contrary to it then I am in big trouble.

I am not the only who has experienced this problem for it happened early on in history.

Genesis 4:6-7 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast?  If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

Just like papa Adam, Cain let GOD’S words slip from his memory and it resulted in sin.

In order to avoid this “crouching sin syndrome” it is required to always keep GOD’S word fresh in our memory, and to be obedient to it. The only way to accomplish this, and not be forgettable is to daily feed on it.

Daily Bible reading is a required discipline in order to not let these truths to be forgotten.

Hebrews 4:12-13  For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

GOD just like my parents doesn’t accept. “I forgot,” as justification for failure to obey HIS words due to forgetfulness.

Forgetfulness leads to a life of repenting because of being pounced upon by the “sin that that lies at your door.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.