New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

WHAT A DAY THIS HAS BEEN


First-hand reports are the most accurate accounts of any event, and this is the on the scene report of what I saw and experience first hand.


Actually, it started about three years ago when a man named Jesus came along and said “Come follow me.” It wasn’t what he said, but how he said it that started me down a road I didn’t know existed. During those three years, there were high and lows. We thought it was over when Jesus was brutally slain by the local governing bodies.

Admittedly, I was in a state of shock for the next few days as I wasn’t prepared for his death or his funeral. I returned several times a day to his burial place, just sitting there confused, not knowing what to do.

I thought we had it all: a leader who spoke what we considered to be the words of GOD. He was a man who did miracles right before our eyes and who told us of future glory, but now, seemingly, all was gone. The things he said kept coming back to me and I rehearsed them over and over. The arguments kept coming up. “How could I have been so mistaken,” only to be replaced by, “I know what I know, and I still believe the things He said.”

In the midst of my distraught state, word to me came that He had came back to life and was gone, but nobody knew where. Rumors were running rampant! One scarcely knew what to believe, that is, until Jesus appeared to us. He explained what had happened and what was going to happen, not the least of which was that He was going back to heaven and would return one day for us.

Just prior to his departure He said these words: “… and now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.”

We waited as he said, and then it happened:

Acts 2:1-4 On the day of Pentecost all the believers were meeting together in one place. Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.

Something came upon me and in me, and I was possessed by His Spirit. The glory of GOD completely engulfed me. From my innermost being flowed a language I knew not, and it is resident within me even today as I write. This was a new beginning for us all. Formerly, we had been led by Jesus but now we were to be led by the indwelling Spirit within us for He had taken up residence within each of us.

So the adventure begins, where He will lead us remains to be seen, but the one thing I know is; it is well with my soul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYP--c2LTfg

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.