New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

GETTING BY


Growing up I experienced both good times and not so good times.

I have actually been hungry not by choice but because the cupboard was bare. That was trip I don’t wish to make again either on purpose or due to food not being available or for whatever the cause. Even when we lived where the bed bugs bit - - we got by.

So many stories that could be told but the outcome in every case was; we got by.

Jesus had a word for we get by’ers and that was Luke 12:24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

But there is a problem most of us face and that is “We want it all.” We never stop wanting more and when we get more we still want more. I guess you could say “that is the nature of the beast.”

Our standard of living is a hard taskmaster and difficult to control. We may face a problem and that is it (our lifestyle) may demand more of us than we are able to provide.

The day of only the dad being the breadwinner is a thing of the past. There are a few exceptions but in the main this is true. We burden ourselves down with so much debt that if anything goes wrong like losing one of the two household earnings we are in big trouble.

We overspend and buy things we can’t afford then expect GOD to supply our need. One thing we should remember is “Need” is what GOD says it is and not what we say it is. Somehow we think “want” is the same thing as “need.”

If you stick with “need” and forget “want” you will stay out of trouble for you are working GOD’S plan for you. In any case the “I’ll get by attitude“ can take a lot of worry off of you if you believe it.
There is an old song that carries that sentiment and has a bonding theme within it.

I'll get by as long as I have you
Though there be rain and darkness too
I'll not complain I'll see it through
Poverty, may come to me, it's true
But what care I Say, I'll get by As long as I have you.
But what care I Say, I'll get by As long as I have you.

As long as you have the Lord, you will get by.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1gMZZgx4SU&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.