New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Old Man Chapter 2 The Room Mate



Not in MY CHAIR
courtesy free clip art
His new room mate contributed to their cost of living and he enjoyed her company. Then one day he got a temporary job for a few days for which he was grateful.

They let him off early one day and when he got home he saw a fellow sitting in his chair with her on his lap.

He watched for a while and then went into the bedroom and saw his bed all mussed up.  He pulled the sheets off and went down to the wash room to wash his sheets as there were some stains that weren’t there when he left that morning.

He knocked on the door next to his place and asked if he could borrow their kid’s baseball bat and they said, “Yes but bring it back.”  

He left the bat just outside his door and asked for an explanation for what they had been doing.  

She spoke up and said he will be staying here and you might as well get used to it. Then the boy friend got in his face and said the same thing.  From now on you will sleep on the couch if I let you.  He went on saying a lot of threatening things that weren’t very nice.

The old man didn’t say anything but went into the bedroom and closed the door behind him.  The woman said to the boy friend; “I guess we scared him so bad we won’t have any trouble out of him.”

After an hour he came out with her suitcase packed and sat it down where she was sitting on the boy friend's lap.  They didn’t pay any attention to the old man at first but watched as he went out side and got the bat which he held behind him so it couldn’t be seen and said, “There’s your suit case and I want you and your boy friend out of here and don’t come back.”

They didn’t move but instead told the old man he couldn’t sleep there tonight so blow.

She was still on the boy friend's lap and hugging him when the old man swung the bat with all his might and almost broke the boy friend's legs.  She fell off his lap while the old man threw her bag out the door.

The boy friend was on his knees when the old man gave him a couple more licks on his buttocks and shoulders.  He was hollering for her to help him get out of there.  The old man took him by his collar and dragged him out the door and said, “If you don’t get out of here I am going to call the police.”

The old man tapped the railing on the walk way and said, “I’m coming to give you some more if you don’t hurry.”  This speeded them up only a little for the boy friend was hobbling the best he could.  

The old man wiped his chair off with a damp cloth and when it was dry he started watching TV.  Little later he went down and got his sheets from the dryer and remade his bed.

That was the last he saw of her boy friend, but a week later the woman came over to where he was eating his free meal and asked if she could ask him something.  He said, “I guess so.”

She said, “Was it because you really cared for me you got so upset at me and the new fellow?"

He laughed like he hadn’t laughed for some time and said, “No it wasn’t.”

She said, “Well why did - - was it because we messed up the sheets?”

He said, ‘No although I didn’t care for that I thought it was uncouth to do that and leave it.”

She said, “Please tell me why you got so mad.”

He said, “It was because he sat in my chair and nothing else.  Of course I didn’t want him there, but it was the chair.  I couldn’t stand the fact that the two of you were in MY chair!”

She said, “I miss being with you.”

He said, “You are nice to say that but maybe you are missing the boy friend also.”

She said, “I never want to see him again for he was a no good.  It just took me a while to realize it but there’s nothing worse than a phony Romeo.”

The old man said, “I’m glad you figured that out for you could do better.”

She said, “What about you?  Maybe you need to find a widow woman that you can grow old with.”

He said, “According to the mirror I’m already old.”

She laughed and said, “You’re only as old as you feel.  The problem is you aren’t feeling anything but unless I’m wrong the right widow could change all that.”

He tried to keep a straight face but finally he had to give in and started to laugh with her.  He said almost under his breath; “Do you think…” he then regained his composure and said “No way.  I’ve had my turn at wedded bliss and didn’t do very well at it.”

As she left she turned and said, “If I get the chance I’m going to give it another whirl for I still have a little fire left in my bosom.”

He swallowed hard and said; “Good luck on that.”
 
To be Continued
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.