New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

MY DOG BLUE


 "I Found One"
image courtesy photobucket.com

I have had so many dogs I can't remember them all without reaching back into my memory banks for some time.

While I was fond of all of them the one who stood out from among the rest was my dog named Blue.

He was a registered Blue Tick Hound that weighed a little over one hundred pounds. He was well marked with all the blue tick colors and with his long black ears he was beautiful.

Old blue was kinda raunchy as dogs go, doing all of the stuff dogs do such as smelling where strangers didn’t appreciate. I tried to teach him some social etiquette but it was without much success.

Blue was supposed to be a hunting dog and he was all that one should be. Even at the age of fifteen shortly before he died he would try to slip off and escape into the woods and go hunting. He would be so tired, and it was necessary that I go find him and help him to get home. The one thing about Blue was he knew who and what he was. There wasn’t any confusion about that. He looked like a dog he acted like a dog and expected to be treated like a dog and when he wasn’t he reacted like a dog should.

I must say that I was both challenged and learned by this fact that we should be as true to ourselves as Blue was to himself.

It is imperative that a Christian be of the same mind as he, knowing who we are and what is expected of us both by GOD and people.

Philippians 2:1-5 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,

Whenever I forget myself, and I don’t fully meet the Christian standards,  I am reminded of old Blue and try not to fall short of the standard he set for Me - -  Know myself and know who I am in Christ!

Linking with Jennifer at: Getting Down with Jesus at:
 God Bumps and Incidences: 

GettingDownWithJesus 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.