New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LEARN OF ME

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

It is possible to read the scriptures and even memorize them, and never come to the knowledge of who Christ is.

This is a process that we pursue after the new birth experience. It is necessary to learn what the will of the Lord is, and accept the yoke willingly without resistance.

Our guide the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth, and reveal what the will of the Lord is. Being yoked together requires agreement, for how can two walk together except they are agreed. The goal of being yoked together with Christ, is to become friends

“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

He beheld the city, and wept over it, and said, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and ye would not"

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

"Let him alone yet another year, till I dig about him; peradventure he may yet bring forth fruit."

"Behold, Judah, behold thy King cometh! But how cometh he? "Meek and lowly, riding upon an ass, and upon a colt, the foal of an ass."

"Whosoever will let him come and take of the waters of life freely."

"Though thy sins be as scarlet, they shall be as wool; though they be red like crimson, they shall be whiter than snow”

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved; for he that believeth on him, and is baptized shall be saved; he that believeth not, must be damned."

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."—Matthew 11:28-30.

To experience Jesus as a friend is a relationship that is available to those who will obey the scripture to learn of Him. There is no greater intimacy than that which bonds us to Christ.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObyOYaGwv7g

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.