New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

IF I WERE GOD FOR A DAY

Several years ago there was a TV program called “Queen for a day.”

Jack Bailey was the emcee, and he had his hands full with all the women wanting to be the queen.

People often want to be something special, at least for a short time.

As I considered this, the thought came to me, what if I could be GOD for a day?

What if you were GOD for a day what would you do?

I decided that my powers would have to be limited because there is a lot of stuff going that I don’t like, and I would be very harsh in correcting it.

As I thought on it my list grew longer and longer and it concerned people, places and things. According to me there are numerous problems that need to be dealt with.

People say so many things about me (GOD) that are not true. They ignore my words as if they were untrue and unimportant.

They violate my commands and they then make light of me as young children do to their parents.

I would probably give lock jaw to anyone who used my name in vain or told lies.

I might let lighting strike anyone who worshipped any false gods.

I would make a rule if any able bodied person didn’t work they would have to go to bed without supper, until they decided to change their attitude.

Fathers would have to raise their children, and care for their wives or else.

All wars would be limited to video games and be non violent.

All things that are contributed to Mother Nature such as earthquakes, storms and other destructive forces would be banned.

All bugs and germs could not harm mankind in any way.

I would do all this and much much more.

I would restore what man had prior the fall, the way it was before sin entered in for this is the way it will be once again when Jesus returns and sets up his kingdom on earth.

I reckon I’m glad I’m not GOD for a day, because I would not be as merciful as he is and I would judge this world most severely.

So you had better rejoice and be glad for HIS MERCY AND GRACE which endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.