New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

ALIBI HEAVEN



 
Exodus 20:23  So you must not make idols using gold or silver to compete with me. You must not make these false gods.

Exodus 32:1-4So they gathered around Aaron. They said to him, "Look, Moses led us out of the land of Egypt, but we don't know what has happened to him. So make us some gods to go before us and lead us."

Aaron said to the people, "Bring me the gold earrings that belong to your wives, sons, and daughters." So the people collected all their gold earrings and brought them to Aaron. 

He took the gold from the people and used it to make an idol. Using a special tool, he shaped the gold into a statue of a calf. Then the people said, "Israel, here are your gods! These are the gods that brought you out of the land of Egypt!"

Exodus 32:7-8  At the same time, the LORD said to Moses, "Go down from this mountain. Your people, the people you brought out of the land of Egypt, have committed a terrible sin.

They have very quickly turned away from what I commanded them to do. They made a calf from melted gold for themselves. They are worshiping that calf and making sacrifices to it.

The people have said, 'Israel, these are the gods that led you out of Egypt.'"

Exodus 32:24  Aaron explained to Moses:  “So I told the people, 'If you have any gold rings, then give them to me.' The people gave me their gold. I threw the gold into the fire, and out of the fire came this calf (alibi)!”

This story in Exodus is a picture of human nature when the flesh is in ascendancy and is why Paul address the need of being Spirit led as in Romans 8.

They knew better but went ahead and violated GOD'S commandment to them. While they came up with an alibi it didn't wash with GOD and they paid the price of disobedience.

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God's kingdom.
The only people who will enter heaven are those who do what my Father in heaven wants. On that last Day many will call me Lord. They will say, 'Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name we forced out demons and did many miracles (alibi). Then I will tell those people clearly, 'Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.

Through the Bible we find people who knowingly sinned and then thought their alibi would save them but it was to no avail.
 
There is a place called "Alibi Heaven" perhaps you know it by the name "The Lake of Fire" you will find information about it in Revelation 20.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.