New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

WHAT’S IN A WORD


A Jewish man went into a furrier to buy a fur coat for his wife. He saw one which he wanted and he told salesman, “I want to hear a word” and the salesman said $10,000.00. The Jewish man said that wasn’t the word I wanted to hear.

When John the Baptist preached the word, “REPENT” wasn’t the word many wanted to hear. 

When Jesus was on the earth he said, “The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing, and the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.” And Jesus also said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

image courtesy photobucket

The last thing many people want to hear is the words of Jesus; for there is conviction of sin in them and it takes all of the power of Satan in their lives to resist them.

There is spiritual life in God’s words, for the sinner, and for the Christian, a righteous life style also. It instructs and empowers the one who is reborn on how to live the life of Christ.

I have several Bibles but seldom use some of them and on occasion I will notice they are covered with dust and I wipe them clean.   

That dust tells me I don’t value the word of GOD highly enough otherwise there would not be any dust near them. I have two of three Bibles I use most of the time and they do not gather much dust for I use them often.  

image courtesy Photobucket

As the mirror will tell you how you look, the dust condition of your Bible will tell you how you value the Word of GOD, and how GOD sees you.

Song:  Dust On the Holy Bible

I went into a home one day to see some friends of mine,
Of all the books and magazines, not a Bible could I find.
I asked them for the Bible. When they brought it, what a shame!
For the dust was covered o'er it, not a fingerprint was seen.


Chorus
Dust on the Bible, dust on the Holy Word;
The word of all the prophets, and the sayings of our Lord.
Of all the other books you'll find, there's none salvation holds;
Get the dust off the Bible and redeem your poor soul.

Oh, you can read your magazines of love and tragic things
And not one word of Bible verse, not a scripture do you know.
When it is the very truth, and its contents, good for you.
Dust on the Bible will doom your poor soul.

Chorus
Dust on the Bible, dust on the Holy Word;
The word of all the prophets, and the sayings of our Lord.
Of all the other books you'll find, there's none salvation holds;
Get the dust off the Bible and redeem your poor soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.