New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

WRONG NUMBER


A Short story is all here today -
A NEW Continued story begins soon. 
Sign up to follow by e-mail so as to
NOT miss any of the exciting new stories.
 
Oh NO - Another Salesman calling
WRONG NUMBER
 
Ring, ring, ring, ring, “Honey get that phone before it drives me nuts.”

“If it bothers you so much why don’t you get it?”

“Because my dear hubby, you’re closer and it is probably for you, I never get a call.”

“Yeah, hello,”

“Good afternoon Mr. Martin, how are you today?”

“Why would you ask?”

“Err, Mr. Martin I represent…”

“I don’t care who you represent.  What is this; if a man answers pretend to be a salesman? Who are you? Give me your address and phone number. I think you have some explaining to do.”

“Mr. Martin I don’t think you understand.”

“I understand alright you are the guy who has been seeing my wife and I want you bad.”

“No, no, Mr. Martin I don’t even know your wife I represent the Home and Business renovation company.”

“No don’t try to pull that stuff on me I wasn’t born yesterday. Yeah you know her alright, well enough to get her pregnant and you can have her, and I’ll throw in the kids also. I can’t stand the rotten little brats. I don’t even know if their mine maybe they are yours.”

“Please Mr. Martin you don’t understand.”

“I understand this, I have your phone number, and I’ll find out where you live. Listen you little rat you come and get your family.  I’ll have them all packed and ready for you. If you don’t show up within the hour I’m coming after you with my shotgun. I’ll teach you not to fool around with my wife behind my back.”

“Mr. Martin let me assure I haven’t been with your wife for I’m a happily married man.”

“So one woman isn’t enough for you, you have to play around with mine. What is the name of the company you work for? I’ll be there in the morning and take care of you… why did you pick my wife if I may ask?”

“Sir I didn’t and don’t want anything to do with your nice wife.”

“So, she isn’t good enough for you, is that what you’re saying?”

“No I’m not saying that I’m sure she would be fine for me but…”

“Don’t but me you cad.  Playing around with my wife because she IS good enough for you.

“Now I didn’t say that…”

“Then she isn’t good enough! She has been good enough for me all these years but she isn’t good enough for you. You can’t talk about my wife like that I am coming to get you right now…” Click.

“Who was on the phone honey?”

“It was just some salesman.”

“What did he want? I’m not sure, he hung up.”

“Well if he calls back let me talk to him.”

“For some reason I don’t think he’ll call again. It’s time to put our babies to bed I think I’ll join you tonight and read them their story.

This post is shared at “Tell Me a True Story.”
It could very well be true !!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.