New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

WHY AM I ME?



image courtesy photobucket.com
 Why am I me? 

Starting way back to Adam and coming all the way down to my present; how did I turn out to be me?

Some search genealogies hoping to find some clue as to something in their past generations that would help in answering this puzzle thinking that knowing where I came from possibly might help me in my quest for my identity and personage.

It has been said that I basically am the product of all my experience and learning but if I had a different experience and learning would I be someone else?

Joe Finkle; “The theory that meshes best with science is that consciousness is an emergent phenomenon that stems from the biochemical processes in the brain. There need not be any inherent special thing about you. Each of us can only possibly be ourselves and each of us can ask this question equally.”

The above quote from Joe sounds like he has been reading “Questions without answers,” and other scientific novels.

How about this; The "You" of today is the product of your unique set of life experiences, which have generated your unique set of memories, values, morals, and ethics, as well as your unique character and personality.

Your only way of distinguishing yourself from the other people and your environment is the huge content of your memory. If for any reason the memory is paralyzed or lost, the consciousness disappears once again, and a new you appears. Again we ask if we had different experiences would we be a different person?

If we consider that we have changed as we have grown up starting as a babe we could say that it is a different me at each stage of development.

image courtesy photobucket
The intellectual changes along with sexual drives, physical development and psychological perceptions create my concept of who I am at a given period. 

This thought begs a further question; “Am I who I think I am?”

If we start with an absolute which is Almighty God whose declaration was “I AM THAT I AM,” The words express absolute, and therefore unchanging and an Eternal Being. ACTS 17:28 for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.’

We are HIS children, HE is our FATHER creator, and as such we are HIS children by generation. As Christians we are HIS children by generation and regeneration, and as such we have two identities.

Who I was before being saved and who I am after my new birth. The immediate issue for the newly born Christian is to understand this fact that while he has two identities he is to function only as the regenerated child of GOD.

2 Corinthians 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

Any time we act unchristlike, we are doing despite to the Spirit of grace and are not being led by the Spirit as in Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

In the flesh, meaning walking after the desires of the unregenerate man. We are not in the flesh yet we can walk after the desires of the flesh. So why am I me?

It is because I am a New Creation Man as stated in
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.

Galatians .2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

As long as I keep this reality before me I will not fail to act like the new me.

Think about this; you have to have a fake ID in order to act unchristian for you are not that person any more.

It is only when we don’t know who we are, that we allow sin to dominate us.

This post is Linked with

Joan Davis Sharing His Beauty Monday
And with Shanda’s On your Heart Tuesday  


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.