New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ALMOST Persuaded


image courtesy photobucket.com

There is a reoccurring theme we all experience during our lifetime and that is our list of “ALMOST.”

There are both positive and negative aspects to our almosts.

image courtesy photobucket.com
The girl that almost married the wrong guy, and is happy she didn’t.

The guy almost didn’t buy that stock when it was cheap.

He almost was on the plane that crashed.

Retrospect is always looking back at things that could have been and both ruing and being joyous about a past event, most of which could have present day implications.

Eve may have looked backed and said, “I almost didn’t listen to that snake in the grass and eat that fruit.” Peter might have said when Jesus said, “Come follow me,” ‘I almost kept on fishing.‘

What ever the case may be we have to live with our decisions and at times they affect others also.

There is an old song I often would hear in the church I attended called, "Almost Persuaded."  It was used as an altar call urging sinners to receive Jesus.  I found the lyrics;

“Almost persuaded” now to believe;” Almost persuaded” Christ to receive;
Seems now some soul to say,” Go, Spirit, go Thy way,
Some more convenient day On Thee I'll call.”
“Almost persuaded,” come, come today; “Almost persuaded,” turn not away;
Jesus invites you here, Angels are lingering near
Prayers rise from hearts so dear; O wanderer, come!
“Almost persuaded,” harvest is past! “Almost persuaded,” doom comes at last!
“Almost” cannot avail; “Almost” is but to fail!
Sad, sad, that bitter wail —“Almost,” but lost!

I fear that many who we know will be in that almost group and they will have to say, " I almost was persuaded to become a Christian, almost but I didn’t."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGZG7BkyPd4

Linking up with Tracy at Winsome Wednesday
And with Jennifer at: God-Bumps and God-Incidences

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.