New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

GOLD MINE IN THE SKY



image courtesy photobucket.com

The bad rap used on many Christians was that we are so "Heavenly minded that we're no earthly good."

I must confess that heaven is part of my reason for being a Christian just like Geheena is the reward for being a Non-Christian. I suspect that I have heaven more in the forefront of my mind than the Christ rejecters want to think about Geheena (hell in the common vernacular).

There are many songs about heaven and many more that allude to heaven. On the whole they are few in number that want to believe that this is all there is to existence for so many religions have popped up with a version an after life.

A song that alludes to a happy after life, “A Gold Mine in the Sky” was popular when I was a kid and was recorded by many singers. Pat Boone even sang it several years ago. Probably the most favorite of most people was Kate Smith’s rendition.

For those who have never heard it or those who want to hear it again click and listen;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd_wpwETqPI

This post has been linked to Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.