New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

MY PRESENT TO GOD



image courtexy photobucket.com

Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

In the entire 12th chapter of Romans the Apostle Paul gives more than simple advice as it reaches to the level of “Must do things.” When I read this chapter it is like a one sided conversation where I want to get more information (argue with him) about some of the particulars he addresses therein.

The implications of the very first verse just blows me away for this is suppose to be a one time, on going and not a on and off proposition.

Then he follows that verse with Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Not only does GOD want my body HE wants my mind to conform to HIS way of thinking when everything worldly around me wants me to do otherwise. To do this I would have to spend a lot of time thinking about GOD and praying.

Hebrews 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most   (WHICH IS ALL THE TIME).

Part of what Paul is getting at is - - do I see myself, as this new creation person he speaks of in
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

It demands that I represent outwardly what I am inwardly, and the way to do this is to change the old mind set.

As I read this my old Mind set wonders if I couldn’t just slowly drift toward being a better Christian over the years without the trauma of any quick or immediate actions, but that doesn’t seem to be what Paul had in mind.

If it wasn’t enough that Paul was on my case along comes Peter and says; 1Peter 2:1-3, Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to Salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

The pressure to shape up and grow up in Christ is almost more than one can bear and yet HE gives grace to the humble. My tendency is to be an actor as Shakespeare said; all the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances;  and one man in his time plays many parts.

The reality is there is only one part for me to play and that is the reality of who I am, for it is whom Christ has made me to be. For me to be an actor is unacceptable on the stage of life there can be no pretence of being something I am not, for even though my influence is limited it does affect those I care for.

One of the hardest things about Christianity is accepting who we are in Christ and acting accordingly.

Since I am no longer a sinner and to sin is contrary to my new nature I guess I will have to learn to get along without “Some of my favorite things.”

Cussing and fussing all have to go
Living a life that’s white as snow
Acting like someone who has been saved
Learning the word and trying to behave

This post has been linked with Joan Davis Sharing His Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.