New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

THE SECRET WORLD



Imagination
The Lord has endowed us with the power of imagination.

From early in life it becomes an active force in our lives. It creates a secret world all our own where we can do or have whatever we want.

Little children spend hours with friends they have created with their imagination and share secrets with them. As they grow up the objects may change but it is still the same inner force being used.

Being able to go on trips without ever leaving home or being famous is readily available to us. Boys have love affairs without the object of their affection ever knowing about it. It can be one of the most favored gifts from GOD or it can prove to be a great negative spiritually.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Another way to express it is to say beware of fantasy conversations in your head that Christ won’t approve of. These conversations can dominate your thought life even to the point of making you sick.

You think someone has offended you and you spend your waking hours damning them and justifying yourself. The tragedy is in most cases there is no substance to the issue.

Jamie Lath on her vain imagination; "As a single woman, I did this all the time in the romantic way. I would imagine how this guy or that guy would finally come to his senses and be blown away by me. I finally realized how much of my waking hours were spent on this (and how damaging it was to my psyche). I thought about what it would be like if I never married, was 80, and still doing this in the nursing home. With quite a bit of battle, I was finally able to curb my "vain imaginations" (I love this term)".

Another says; I do this a lot when I'm not walking by the Spirit. I know it doesn't please God... I have found that things rarely if ever work themselves out in the way I imagine in my head.

Vain imaginations can lead to obsession and affect your psyche.

There are many scriptures that are geared to stopping this process; one of the most helpful is found in Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

When your tangent starts, stop it in its tracks by using Philippians 4:8 and restore peace to your soul.

Linking with Jennifer at: God Bumps and Incidences:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.