New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

THE BENEFITS OF OVERCOMING



Overcomer
image courtesy photobucket.com
When I was unsaved I accepted most things as normal even though I had some twinges of conscience. While doing harm to other people was unacceptable I didn’t worry about the rest.
My condition was described in; 2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe.

They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Then things changed, I got saved and my whole system of right and wrong had to under go a reevaluation and I ended up with a new set of rules. I now was governed by the Bible and the Spirit of GOD. The easy part was that what was written down but trying to decipher the Spirit’s leading was another issue and to some degree it still is.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

There have been times when I haven’t taken advantage of the promise given in the foregoing scripture and failed to take the way out. This is only part of the story for there are things beyond personal weaknesses that we are to overcome and they are called the strategies of the Devil.
The second and third chapters of Revelation reveal some of the strategies and the reward for overcoming them.

Revelation 2:17 He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.
image courtesy photobucket.com


The white stone spoken of has always fascinated me. No one knows what this means beyond the plain reading of it. I somewhat like the idea of a new name just for me.

Are you living an overcoming life? If not - - why not? You may need to stop long enough to ask yourself what is hindering me from being an over comer? Then pinpoint the problem so it can be dealt with. Then comes the hard part and that is if you are willing to make the adjustments you feel you should.

If you are hesitant to make the changes perhaps it would be helpful to reread Revelations 2:17 and make a choice to become a “White stone believer” or perhaps you could shoot for the standard that David set and was called by GOD, “A man after GOD’S own heart.” In any case I wish you well as you keep on keeping on. Could be you need to hear the song below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x2IpLSfqp8

Post is linked with Laura’s “Play dates with God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.