New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

PRAYERS NOT ANSWERED?


image courtesy photobucket.com
 If you ever meet a man who claims that every prayer he prays is answered, then - - you have just met a liar.

I have had to set through sermons where the preacher has tried to convince the congregation that all prayers are answered by God saying sometimes its yes, sometimes its no and sometimes its wait awhile.

Perhaps there is some truth in that but I think it lies somewhere else. If you will pardon me for saying so, in my old age I try to avoid as much B.S. as possible even if it is “Christian B.S.”  The reason being I have already had my share of it.

David Wilkerson has a few thoughts that are worth considering; the link below will take you there. The issue is still how to become more successful in the prayer life. I say prayer life because it is the core of the Christian’s existence.

The book of James doesn’t mince any words when he addresses both conduct and prayer for he doesn’t separate them.

James 4:1-3 From whence come wars and fightings among you? Come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? 


Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.  Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.


James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.


James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

I am not sure I would attend Pastor James’ church if there was another one in town for it is written on the church marquee, “No B.S. allowed in here.”

The main thing to remember is that the trying of your faith is designed to make you stronger not weaker. In the face of what could be considered defeat, our faith still stands strong in the GOD of the universe unwavering.

Oswald Chambers quote: God wants you to understand that it is a life of faith, not a life of sentimental enjoyment of His blessings.” Faith in the Bible is faith in God against everything that contradicts Him - I will remain true to God's character whatever He may do "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him" - this is the most sublime utterance of faith in the whole of the Bible.

I suppose the whole point of this rant is; getting answers to prayer is not the basis for our faith but rather it is our implicit faith in the being of GOD Himself.

If for whatever reason my prayer is not answered as prayed, my faith in GOD remains strong and does not waver.

In any case keep praying!   http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/undated/tssixrea.html

This post has been linked to Charlotte’s site. Spiritual Sundays.  Please visit and enjoy other good words at:
http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-had-to-share-this.html  



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.