New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

I WANT

There are two words I have used many times every day, “I want!”

I suppose they open up my vistas to greater fantasies. Some form of stimulus excites me and out of my mouth comes a verbalization, an inward desire and I can’t restrain myself any longer and I say “I WANT.”

These words when either spoken or in thought, starts a process within me whereby I begin to plan to fulfill that desire.  Sometimes the plan fails, but other times it succeeds and then I begin to (With fear and trembling) evaluate what I have done.

To my sorrow I have been successful in getting what I wanted only to find out I would have been better off if I hadn’t wanted it in the first place. Example: I wanted Mexican food and then set up the rest of the night with heart burn, (please pass the roll aids).

I walked by a used car lot and the salesman told me that I wanted a certain car, so I bought it, when in fact I didn’t want it and never did like it. He somehow turned my “I want” on - - and before I could turn it off  I was signing on the dotted line.

My “I want” is working 24 hours a day; I dream about stuff, and then I want it. There is this other side of wanting where when you get “it” there is something extra that goes with it. For instance if you ever see the word “FREE,” run for your life, for I guarantee it will cost you more than you expect.  I discovered that when you get what you want, sometimes you also get what you don’t want?

I wanted a wife and when I got one, and I also got a bunch of in-laws. I wanted some kids and I got…. Well you know what I got and then some.

I wanted a house and I also got grass to cut, gutters to clean and keeping it up was like a full time hobby.

My want getter doesn’t always work out as I wished it would. Just because you have got a cow that doesn’t mean you are going to get milk and butter. My want-ter is always online, and ready to place an order.

I want to live a long time but I don’t want to get old, I guess I will just have to wait and see how that plays out, but I have the feeling that …….  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnT21hmlT4o

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.