New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"What a difference a day makes."



My Fiction Story will continue soon - - Today I am musing about What a Difference a Day Makes


 

 
As I sat musing, or at least that is what I call it; An old song came floating out of my memory banks.

It has been hidden away for several decades but showed up today.  Titled; "What a difference a day makes." All the sudden I had a list of things that changed one day and have never been the same since.
 
The first time I kissed my future wife (she remembers every detail, all I remember was going for it).
 
Our wedding day, that changed everything for us.
 
 
The birth of each child and so on.
 
Life is made up of many days after which you are never the same.
 
Some are small changes others a bit larger.
 
Then there may be a biggie that really transformed your life.
 
I remember that night in July of 1948 when I was coerced into going next door to the church, where a family was holding a revival meeting.
 
They played and sang several songs while I sat stiff as a board wondering what I was doing there.
 
Something happening that I couldn't get a handle on. By the time the preaching was over whatever that was had grown extremely potent. It was like the air was charged with electricity.
 
They invited everyone who wanted to have their sins washed away to come down and pray.  I hesitated at first but couldn't resist that drawing power that filled the place. I was urged to kneel and pray which I did.
 
It was then for the first time I experienced the cleansing power of GOD.  Born again, made a new creation, changed from darkness unto light, all of the descriptive terms in the Bible I experienced that evening.
 
I have had many spiritual experiences since that day in 1948 but I remember that one especially -  - 
 
 
What a difference a day makes.
 

2 comments:

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.