New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

COMMUNICATION 2


Communicating with God
 

After being in a deep sleep, as I was coming back to cognizance of the world around me, a thought came to me concerning communication.  

I have at times been told something but what I perceived the person to be saying was not exactly what they said.  I have then asked, “What do you mean?” for further clarification?

It seems to me that there are both thoughts and the force behind any statement that is made, for example: 

Years ago I would tell my kids “Don’t do that,” without any consequence implied. Then there were times when I would say something and there would be a penalty for failure to obey. Therein was both meaning and the force behind words spoken.
 

From the time of creation of man, GOD has communicated with man many ways.  At times it was a direct conversation and also as in  Hebrews 11:1-2 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 

We can read what GOD said as recorded by the prophets and the words of Jesus. 

As I was coming out of the fuzziness of sleep I wondered if these words mean to me as much as they mean to GOD.  When GOD speaks, HIS words carry not only meaning but also are backed up by all the power inherent within GOD himself.  

I then asked myself this question; “Does HIS word retain the same power when I receive them as when HE spoke them or do they lose something in my translation of them?”

When He said ‘I AM THAT I AM” it means the same to me as it does to HIM. 


What about Acts1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."  


Do those words mean the same to me as they do to GOD?  

I then wondered; am I missing something here? Is the power of the gospel message being diluted by my inability to grasp the full meaning and power of GOD’S word?  

Do HIS words mean the same to me as they do to HIM?  

If that is so then it is no wonder that I am falling short in every area of my life, in prayer, in conduct, in the whole of my Christian experience. 

While I thought on those things I began to look at GOD’S words in a different light and the power of those words are making a difference in me. 

Perhaps my faith has been limited by not seeing GOD’S word as HE sees it and believing it as it was meant to be believed. Faith is totally dependent upon believing GOD’S word as HE believes it.

This post is shared at “Tell Me a True Story.”

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Robert for sharing your inspiring words with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I hear the words from Him, night or day, I need to jump into the obeying portion of time. He'll tell me where and when to go and what to do. All I can do is trust Him for the consequences between here and heaven. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.