New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

More Than Love


 

The words “I love you” have little more meaning unless they are followed up by evidence of that love through actions.

If the saying is only a way to improve one’s status in another’s eyes it is deceptive and meaningless. When you look into someone eyes and say; “I love you” is it real or just meaningless words?

At the point of saying it; do you intend on following those words with actions that support them and give real meaning to them.

1 John 3:18 International Standard Version
“Little children, we must stop expressing love merely by our words and manner of speech; we must love also in action and in truth.”

This has a double application; it means in our interrelationship with others and also our relationship with GOD.  It isn’t enough to say we love GOD we must honor Him by our actions.

1 John 2:5        New Living Translation
But those who obey God's word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him.

Whether it is a person or GOD saying “I love,” it isn’t enough. We must take the second step and follow through with actions that prove the words spoken.

1 Corinthians 13:1  Aramaic Bible in Plain English
If I shall speak with every human and Angelic language and have no love in me, I shall be clanging brass or a noise-making cymbal.

Do I really love ?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Robert for sharing your wise words with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly try to love strongly and I truly try to serve strongly. All I can hope for is that the Lord will think I'm going in the right direction re: Him in our world and worshiping, praying, glorifying, and honoring Him. That's a consistently daily God-job. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.