New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Commitment??? NO WAY


Commitment - No Turning Back
 
The sixties and the philosophies of the educators that grew out of that generation created a spiral downward of commitment.

The rejection of the mores of society perhaps was the beginning but the spiral continued until today a large segment of supposed rational people can’t even commit to themselves. They constantly do things that they know is harmful to themselves.

We are far beyond committing to career, marriage, or faith and have substituted fantasy and prolonged adolescence in commitments place.

Charles Colson says an uncommitted Christian is an oxymoron or self-contradictory individual. While this doctrine is gaining in popularity the result is the ten commandments is little more than suggestions and one is free to make up their own list of conduct that is acceptable to them. Of course the lists vary from one individual to another but they give the listener some sense of spirituality.

On the whole they feel no sense of spiritual or social obligation to anything or anybody. This self-focus leads to obsession over ourselves and leaves no room for a relationship which is the crux of the Christian experience.

The anti-war protestors of the sixties theme was; “After all, if nothing is worth dying for then nothing is worth living for.”

The Christian experience demands total commitment to Christ Jesus and his commandments. It is continuous from the new birth until our seating in heaven with Christ. There are no blank spaces.

Contrary to the Hippie generations summary of life there IS something worth dying for and in turn worth living for.  It is to live for Christ. One is to commit themselves totally to Christ holding nothing back.

I hate to add this but are you still hanging onto something you should give up?
Release it for your sake and for Christ sake for he is being judged by your conduct.
Time to commit.

Galatians 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
This post is shared at “Tell Me a True Story.”

 
 

 
 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this reflective post. It is a missing ingredient in many believers life!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robert for sharing your interesting post with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can count on now and forever is Christ living in me!! Focusing on Him is all that counts and I sure hope to see Him and many others when I'm in Heaven. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.