New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

WORE OUT

What do you think? Would it be better to go to heaven with a body in good shape (hardly used) or having used it up completely? Maybe you would like to have a little bit left in the tank so to speak?

Well how about this! Psalms 90:10 Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away.

Now ain’t a kick in the head, der good and the bad of it. Now for those of us who are eighty that’s real encouraging.

Think with me, how would like to start over in this day and age without all the good experience you have garnered, naw I don’t think so.

There is a song; Good times bad times give me some of that.

According to Psalms 90 you don’t have to ask for that, you get it for free.

Which was the best ten years of your life? How about repeating them over and over until you used up your eighty years?

Job was having a bad day as recorded in Job 14
Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble. If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait for my renewal to come. You would call and I would answer, and you would yearn for me, your handiwork. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God!

And as Paul said; 1Corinthians 15:51-54
Let me tell you a secret. Not all of us will die, but all of us will be changed, in a moment, in the blinking of an eye, at the sound of the last trumpet. Indeed, that trumpet will sound, and then the dead will be raised never to decay, and we will be changed.

For what is decaying must put on what cannot decay, and what is dying must put on what cannot die.


Now, when what is decaying puts on what cannot decay, and what is dying puts on what cannot die, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled: "Death has been swallowed up in victory!"

Whether wore out or hardly used when the trumpet sounds, we are heaven bound without any stop-overs or delays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXYGOoc0RxQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.