New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

WHAT I’M GONNA GET

Many years ago, I and some of “our gang” were all excited about an event where we were going to have big fun.

We all talked at once extolling the pleasures we expected and would repeat them over and over. Along with us was a fringe member of the group, he wasn’t exactly accepted as one of us but we tolerated him as it were. He stood off to the side and listened intently until he couldn’t hold it any longer. Then he quizzically said “What I’m gonna get?”

At that we all became quiet and looked at each other.  We had not even considered him at all; this was only for we gang members. For the next few moments that seem like an eternity there was some “under the breathe mumbling” like you ain’t going to get nothing, and like statements like that.

I finally spoke up and said if you can get your money up, you will get the same thing we all get. Then we went back to making our plans.

After remembering that small event in my life, I thought that “What I’m gonna get?” is a driving force in most lives, mine included. I do nothing without expecting some reward in some form, from what I do.

Even when I do a charitable deed I expect to receive inward satisfaction of having done a good thing, especially if it is without strings attached.

Not all of “What I’m gonna get” is what I want but I can expect some reciprocal action.

While musing on this subject, my thinking drifted toward the scripture and the new (our) covenant, for my relationship with GOD is a product of that covenant.

What I expect to get from GOD is spelled out clearly within the particulars of the covenant. If I want to know what “I’m gonna get” all I have to do is read it for myself.

Some of what I’ll get is based on my conduct the result being some good, some bad. Why does it always come down to “You get what you sow?”

At times I think GOD is like a man I knew who said; “I’m not getting mine.” If GOD is not getting HIS and cops an attitude it might explain why I’m not getting mine.

In rereading the covenant I discovered that GOD wants HIS, actually HE demands it and when HE isn’t getting HIS, I probably won’t get mine.

The scripture James 4:17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it. James 4:7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;

When I primarily reflect upon on”What I’m gonna get?” it is easy to forget that GOD is reflecting similarly and waiting for HIS “What I’m gonna get?”

Oh well let’s just dig a little deep in the store of HIS PROVISION.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIuzZlmClZs&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.