New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

TIME

Time and perspective, sometime eludes me for the past is closer than I realize.

There was here in the USA, what was called a civil war wherein 600,000 American men were killed. More than the WW2 when 500,000 lost their lives. Both wars lasted about four years, and there were no heroes in the civil war, only dead Americans.

In 1865 when the civil war ended, the south was devastated; the politicians did almost as much damage to it as the war via the intrusion of the carpetbaggers and military rule.

That aside, the interesting thing about time perspective is my dad was born some 25 or so years after the civil war. Then some 65 years after the war I was born, when the south was still feeling the sting of defeat.

The first airplane flight happened 26 years before I was born and the “A” model ford replaced the “T” model about that time.

In the family grave yard there are tomb stones dating back to the revolutionary war. As a child I had several great aunts and uncles who were even further back nearer to the civil war time and they exercised some of their standards on me.

Another thing that was difficult to put in perspective was the fact that the Pentecostal movement had started about 30 years before I was born, and had spread around the world.

The Assemblies of GOD was about 15 years old at my birth, and was only 33 years old when I first attended one of their churches.

My children have their own backward look that the grandchildren are now getting the fallout from.

When my kids pass from the scene because my influence upon the grand children has been limited it will be almost as if I never existed. At best only a very limited remembrance, much like what I experience when viewing the old photos of those I hardly knew.

You come, you go, and you hope that something in your genes will continue that part which is good in you.

Psalms 37; 25 I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken Or his descendants begging bread.

Making this scripture a prayer is about the best I can do for my future offspring, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.