New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Falsehood

When one is cast into jail, he is among people he would rather not be with and normally would avoid.

Everything that is ugly is represented there, and you are included as one of them.

If you think that is bad let me introduce you to another group upon whom sentences are all but passed out;

Revelations 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

The part about all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire, kinda takes the fun out of telling lies. Knowing that makes me uncomfortable when I start to lie. Actually if it is a big lie, I start to sweat because I don’t want to put my toe in there (the lake of fire) must less being cast into it.

Handling this issue by saying “I don’t believe that” is a case of lying to myself and doesn’t work for me.

I have personally been acquainted with people that were lying if they were talking. They would avoid the truth even when it made more sense than telling a lie. One in particular person would start lying before he got up to me and would continue until I walked away. He was what you might call a consummate liar; he had perfected the art of lying.

It is amazing how many ways you can lie. Of course the commission and the omission work well, and the use of body language does the trick also.

Strange as it seems I must remind myself that lying isn’t a good thing to do especially if you claim to be a Christian. How about being known as “The lying Christian.”

Be sure your sin will find you out, that is “WILL find you out,” and the one you lied to will also find out in all probability.

Lies are morally wrong, then, for two reasons. First, lying corrupts the most important quality of my being human: my ability to make free, rational choices. Each lie I tell contradicts the part of me that gives me moral worth. Second, my lies rob others of their freedom to choose rationally.

When my lie leads people to decide other than they would have - - if they had known the truth, I have harmed their human dignity and autonomy.

Sentimentality doesn’t justify lying either in words or deeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gih2l6Z2EU&feature=related







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.