New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

MORE I AM

When speaking of “I AM” I like the way that Popeye sez it; “I am what I am, and that’s what I am, I’m Popeye the sailor man.” Now here is the question; does anybody not understand who Popeye is?

When GOD says who HE is, there seems to be some confusion about what he said. Like Popeye said who he is, GOD also said who HE is.

Exodus 3:14 — "I Am." where God is represented as speaking, and hence as using the first person

It stems from the Hebrew conception of monotheism that God exists by himself for himself, and is the uncreated Creator who is independent of any concept, force, or entity; therefore "I am that I am". HE IS, HE WAS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE, “ETERNAL”

Isaiah 43:10 I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

“YHWH is the only proper "Name of God" in the Tanakh, in the sense that Abraham or Sarah are proper names by which you call a person. Whereas words such as Elohim (God, or authority), El (mighty one), Shaddai (almighty), Adonai (master), Elyon (most high), Avinu (our father), etc. Are not names but titles, highlighting different aspects of YHWH, and the various roles which God has. This is similar to how someone may be called 'father', 'husband', 'brother', 'son', etc, but their personal name is the only one that can be correctly identified as their actual designation. In the Tanakh, YHWH is the personal name of the God of Israel, whereas other 'names' are titles which are ascribed to God.

All of that is good information, but being human, I need to get up close and personal, matter of fact I need something not quite that imposing and I found it in Jesus Christ.

Jesus is GOD in the most absolute sense but as to our relationship HE has been somewhat modified to the point of where our relationship can be called personal.  As savior, Jesus can be called “Our Personal savior,” via the born again experience.

There is one thing sure and that is “GOD knows who HE is,” and there is nothing that anyone can say, do, think, desire or wish for that can change that.

HIS word says; “deal with it” because there is no alternative. Create those who are called gods, write your books and call them their words and the net result will be folly.

The best advice anyone can give is found in Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near;

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.