New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

THE LIGHT

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

True darkness is frightening when you really can’t see your hand even if it is near your eyes. You cease to be an image and your reality is totally changed. Darkness, its very presence can be felt and feared.

The world was created in darkness and in order for there to be life as we know it there had to be light. God’s words are a creative force and he said let there be; “Light” and it was so.

One of the 10 plagues upon Egypt was darkness that was so dark it was felt by the Egyptians.

Spiritual darkness is spiritual death and the only remedy is light. When Jesus said I am the light, he was saying I will give you light in your soul that will expel all darkness, “the light of life.”

There are two manifestations of light that helps us understand what Jesus was saying when on earth. Light both reflects and refracts.

When Jesus was on earth he reflected his father in heaven. In response to Phillip’s; show us the father, Jesus said; “If you have seen me you have seen the father.” Jesus was the perfect reflection of GOD the father.

In the same sense Jesus said; Matthew.5:14 Ye are the light of the world--like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.

As Jesus reflected all that the Father consisted of so we are to reflect all that he is.

When light is refracted through an object it remains the same unless the object is turned to an angle, then it is skewed and is not a true representation of the original source.

In the same way when Christians do not walk as Jesus walked they do not reflect the true image of Christ but give a distorted picture of Christianity.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself I have to ask myself; am I a true reflection of that true light or the skewed version which can’t dispel the darkness in men’s souls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-3Sh7QNdk

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.