New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE WAYS OF GOD

If anyone thinks they can or have figured out the ways of GOD they should move to the front of the “Stupid class.”

They qualify for the lifetime foolish and stupid award.

While there are some things that on the surface seem to be obvious a further examination reveals that there is something more to it.

Isaiah 55:8 My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.

Boy that sure is the truth. In my personal life there are some things I just don’t get. It’s the plain and simple and it doesn’t seem to calculate in the scheme of (my) things.

I suspect that you along with me have a list of things that fall into that category.

There is a certain emptiness that follows each occasion of this happening. Even with understanding circumstances, it is difficult to cope with some issues.

When this happens there many songs that challenge us to stay firm in resolve like “Until then,” My heart can sing when I pause to remember, A heartache here is but a stepping stone, Along a path that's winding always upward This troubled world is not my final home.

And there other songs and Scriptures that hope to calm our troubled waters.

1 Peter 4:12-13Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad--for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to the entire world.

Truthfully my first thoughts to this is; “Thanks a lot,” but I quickly stop that line of thinking and (do as David did when he encouraged himself in the LORD. 1 Samuel 30:6) encourage myself and get ready for the next skirmish, for it surely will come.

Maybe you could use a good testimony, check it out!
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIxwc90BEI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.