New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

OH LAWD chapter 48



Golden Gate Park
courtesy photobucket.com
 
At eight in the next morning someone was knocking on our door, and when I opened it there stood my sister Marly.

She said get up and get ready for sight seeing. I asked her what she was doing up so early?

She responded, “I got nine hours sleep last night which was a whole lot more than you I betcha.”

“Give us an hour and we will meet you in the coffee shop for breakfast,” I told her.

She said, “You are slow.  Me and my sailor boy could be done in half that time.”  Mille was listening to the conversation and was giggling at me.

I told Marly if she didn't cut it out I was going to send her husband a post card saying that she was lonesome but there were a lot of sailors willing to keep her company.

Mille said, “Leave her alone she is just having fun.”  I said, “Yeah, at my expense.”

I couldn't figure out who was the worst tease, Marly or my wife Mille.

It didn't seem that they were going to let up on me so I just ignored them, besides their tongues were faster and sharper than mine.

In a lot of ways Marly was more like a brother than a sister. She would broach a subject that only brothers would talk about, and being frank she would embarrass me to the point of me leaving the room.

I could see that she was "helping" Mille become the wife a man wanted her to be.

Besides I knew it would do no good to tell her to "back off" because she felt it was her duty.  I told Mille not to pay much attention to her and she smiled and said "Okay."   

That "Okay" meant it's too late, me and Marly are buddies already, and she has woman smarts beyond most.

We didn't quite make it down to the coffee shop in an hour, and before Marly could say anything I told her, "Not a word," but she broke out in laughter which was just as bad.

Mille couldn't help but join her and I thought, “I'm sure glad Linda isn't here because if all three were on my case they would probably drive me crazy.”

I said, “Let's eat a big breakfast because I don't know where we will find food in Golden Gate Park or the zoo.  Probably we will need to settle for a hot dog and soda.

The park was exceptionally nice and the museum, the Strybing Arboretum, the large bandstand and the aquarium were fantastic. We spent the whole day there and saw just a small part of the park.


courtesy photobucket

The next day we set off again driving through the park and toward the windmills. Going on by without stopping we instead stopped at the zoo for three hours and then went wading in the Pacific Ocean.

Up the highway were the famed Sutro Bathes and the Cliffhouse where we had lunch and watched the seals on Seal Rock.

Our last stop was the Golden Gate Bridge. Marly insisted that we walk across and back. It was a long way down to the water and the Bridge swayed a little due to the wind.
 
Halfway back across we watched the sun as it set on it way to Japan. It was about seven when we returned to the hotel and we had a late dinner before retiring for the night.

The next morning we took Marly to the airport, and she headed home. Her husband was due back from a cruise, and she wanted to be there when he got home.

Mille and I spent the rest of the day at the hotel resting up from the busy days of sight seeing, 

Tomorrow we go home on an early flight, and it will be back to the real world.  
 
Mille will take over her duties as hostess and supervisor, and I will start adapting several dishes we had enjoyed to New Orleans style.       

Oh Lawd!   
 
To be Continued
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.