New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

LIL' ALLEN Chapter 14


Expecting
courtesy photobucket.com
 
Emma hesitated slightly as she began to speak but finally it just came gushing out and she said. “My mother is going to be a grandma and so is yours.”

Allen heard what she said but it didn't sink in at first. Then flowed a stream of questions; “You mean you are pregnant? Are you sure? How did this happen? When will it be born? We have only been married four months!”

She reminded him, “Perhaps you can't remember but in your anxiety we weren't careful and it only takes one time to become a father!”

“What are you going to do?’ he asked?  She stared at him in amazement, then spoke, “What do you mean, what am I going to do? I am going to have a baby in about seven months. I will work until I can't hide it and I begin to show then I will ask for a leave of absence even though I don't know if I will ever return to work.”

Allen said, “That makes sense; when are you going to tell our folks?”

Anna replied, “I thought I would wait a couple of months and then surprise them.”

Allen said, “You sure surprised me.”

Later that day when Allen was alone the reality of the situation began to weigh upon him and it didn't seem to be real. It was like a story someone wrote. He had a part of giving life to a person. It was almost an act of creation whereby once there was nothing and now there stands before you a real live person.

He thought on the creation act of God when He made a man and a woman. The forces of this creative power, to actually bring into being, a child. This was almost too much for Allen to comprehend. This is the most awesome act man can perform he thought.

He then began to examine his own feelings about this soon to be live person, “Do I care for it? If not, when will I begin to feel a relationship with it?

In a couple of months from now it will make its presence known by kicking in the womb. That will be unreal, this interaction letting Emma to know; “I'm here and want you to know it.”

There were two immediate things that came out of his meditation about the future. One was the feeling of apprehension and the other anticipation that would remain with him until after the birth. 

Emma and Allen so far had agreed on most things but here they found themselves with different desires.  

Emma wanted a girl, while Allen wanted a boy. It is hard to rationalize why you have a preference but nevertheless there it is, favoritism concerning a future event of this nature.

Then comes the concession; I'll love this child no matter what it is boy or girl!  

To be continued  (don't miss the poem below)
courtesy photobucket.com
 
 A Love Letter To My Unborn Child

© Carlisa P. Branch

I write this letter to my unborn child from the depths of my soul.
You've entered my womb and made my life complete and whole.
I never thought I would be chosen for such an awesome task.
It is a greater blessing than what I ever could ask.
I can almost imagine you in my mind.
Beautiful, Happy, Bouncing, flashing a smile so kind.
Feeling you flutter is a sensation like no other.
It does wonders for the joy of this soon-to-be-mother!
You create a glow in me I never knew I would see.
It is true happiness that sets me on cloud nine manifested deep inside of me!
You're my baby, my child, my heart, and my wonder.
I pray we create a bond that no one can put asunder.
You're a designers' original! A creation from the King!
I can hardly wait for you to enter the world and see the joy you bring.
Sweet baby of mine, you're a magnificent gift from above.
Living proof of how your father and I have shared our love.
I hope you have your fathers' eyes
Then you will go into the world able to look at all things wise.
I hope you inherit my ability to plan.
With that you will be able to face all things in life as a strong woman or man.
I hope you receive from your father his selfless ways.
For this the Heavenly Father will bless you, as he did him, all of your days.
I hope you learn from me, spirit and let no one take it.
Believe me you will need it in life, and many will try to break it.
But with that spirit you must have your father's center.
With that you will be cautious of any door you enter.
I want you to have my curiosity.
There's nothing wrong with questions you may blurt!
But receive your fathers' discernment,
so you'll know when to let go before getting hurt.
Have my big heart; know what emotions are and how to be real.
Share your fathers' strength so you can handle what you feel.
Share my sense of humor! Laugh a lot it helps you through life.
Share your fathers' sense of duty. Know how to be serious and take strife.
I'm emotional so I tell you its okay to blubber once and a while like your Mom.
But learn to develop what your father has; an excellent sense of calm.
But most of all the things I wish for your father and I to share.
I wish we teach you to love, respect, strength of mind, and to care.
These are my feelings, wishes and hopes for you.
You make my heart and soul sing!
I welcome you to the world and thank you for the joy,
my little queen or king.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.