New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

UNBELIEVEING PAPPY



My pappy was an unbeliever; that is in so much as him giving me and my brother any money. If you mention an allowance he would say; “What’s that?” And when I would start to explain he would say; “No way Bobby Ray.” Well that was the end of that.

Because he was always glad to get rid of me for awhile, he would give me a dime to go to the movie house which was a half a block away. He considered that a good investment and it pleased me also.
image courtesy photobucket

At the movie house they sold popcorn but pappy never gave me money for that, but it sure smelled good anyhow. I would watch the movie and smell the other people’s popcorn as they ate it. There is something about doing without that builds in you a certain discipline that can serve you later in life.  It is a, ”Don’t need to have it,” discipline that keeps people from taking advantage of you.

Some Christians have difficulty in areas of their life simply because they are not able to control their wants. They are held captive by wanting instead of needing.

Many will say they want to be like Jesus, but they do not want to act like Jesus.

Matthew 4:8-11 Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; and he said to Him, "All these things I will give you, if You fall down and worship me." Then Jesus *said to him, ‘Go Satan! For it is written, “You shall worship the Lord Your God, and serve Him only.’ Then the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

Notice, Jesus did not WANT “all these things” that Satan showed to him. The devil showed Jesus any thing and every thing desirable on earth.  If Jesus had been a WANT driven person he might have failed in the task before him.

In this life, you will accomplish more if you are a NEED disciplined person instead of a want it - gotta have it person.

Phillipians 4:19 my GOD will supply all your need according to his riches in glory.

We sometime think what Paul meant to say was GOD will supply all my wants, and that he just wasn’t clear on the subject.

We read and pray “whatsoever things you desire when you pray, believe that you receive them and you shall have them.

Maybe you have enough faith to believe that you can receive more than GOD has promised, if so well amen to that. For myself, my faith quits working at the needs that GOD has promised to supply.

It is possible that you can work hard and supply your wants above your needs but that is another issue. At times wants and needs are so closely related that they are hard to distinguish one from another while others are as far apart as the east from the west.

A man might need a wife even as Adam needed a helpmate while another man might want a different wife from the one he has but will settle for an affair with a couple of ladies. Try to believe you receive that from GOD? No way Jose!

There is a book I recommend on this subject that is far more definitive than I could ever be the title is the “Holy Bible”.

image courtesy photobucket

You also might enjoy this on you tube - - -


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.