New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

OK IN SPITE OF

When I was young, and on my own, and I did something that was an error I usually ignored it.

For appearances sake I would pretend to be concerned but in reality I wasn’t too concerned.

Then I got married, and I had to change the way I felt about our issues of life. My wife’s interest had to be considered as well as mine. Then along came our three kids, and other adjustments had to be made. All of the sudden neither my wife nor myself viewed things as before.

We kept feeding and doctoring our kids, and they kept growing until they were old enough to get a part time job. All this time, they had been cataloguing all the ills they had suffered, and the mistakes we had made raising them.

This excluded the facts that as the parents we had to sacrifice much of what we could have done had they not been (I never asked to be) born. For us the raising of the kids was pay enough for our sacrifices of time and mental anguish at times.

As they began to work, they discovered that life wasn’t easier just because they were older. The jobs they obtained required them to do things the way the boss wanted it done. They learned from the mistakes others made, and they also looked forward to the time they could be in charge, and could simply avoid mistakes, and do it right.

Over all they felt we as parents were at fault at times when they were growing up, so now they are doing a better job of raising their own kids.

The possibility that they might be correct, bothers me and I feel; that is the reason they are such rotten kids, we did a bad job. LOL

Then I am brought up short and think; they aren’t rotten, they are great adults, including our foster daughter (actually she is much more than that). Oh boy, the next conclusion is a toughie, they are great kids in spite of their raising and it is because they overcame our short comings, wow that hurts.

All in all, they learned what to do, and what not to do from us, and have no excuse for not getting it right. If we were doing it over we would have done it better, but this was our first experience in raising a family …….

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.