New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

IT AIN’T NO GOOD LIFE BUT IT’S MY LIFE

 
Fictional Story by Robert - The person in this story has no name but perhaps you know him !


IT AIN’T NO GOOD LIFE BUT IT’S MY LIFE
So goes the words of the song.

The problem I have always had was the day after my night life. For I then have to face the consequences of the night before.

My night life is easy to define and you can quote me; the ability to imbibe and the music. They provide my escape from this world.

Who in their right mind wants to live in this man made mess without these two friends; the juice of the vine and deliverance melodies.

They serve as my confessional and priest where all my sins are reduced to the ashes of mores and swept away by the musical breeze to be seen no more.

“Mine is just another scene
From the world of broken dreams
And the night life ain't no good life
But it's my life

Sam hit me again… just make it a double this time for I feel something trying to trouble my soul and Sam turn up the juke box for I need another song.

Go away ghosts of the women I’ve wronged. Their image keeps floating by and before I start to cry; Sam play “To all the girls I have known before”.

To all the girls who cared for me
Who filled my nights with ecstasy
They live within my heart
I'll always be a part
Of all the girls I've loved before
The winds of change are always blowing
And every time I try to stay
The winds of change continue blowing
And they just carry me away

Tomorrow is just a few hours away and I have to face the day… alone without my two friends. Stones and arrows of “what’s happening” will be flung my way with many striking their target. I’ve got to get free from this reality, time, time go away, let it no longer be day for the night life is my life.

When the evenin' sun goes down
You will find me hangin' 'round
The night life ain't no good life
But it's my life

Now Sam, listen now Sam please don’t play it Sam, you know the one, “My mama’s broken heart”, or I will have to leave… I can’t handle it, Sam don’t.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.