New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

MEETING BY CHANCE

This story is all here and is an additional post to be shared at: Tell Me a Story   Return tomorrow for the Next Chapter in my continued story "Elliot Johanson"
 
.  
A Chance Meeting
courtesy photobucket
  
MEETING BY CHANCE
 
Alright its time to make your move!
 
“C’mon get up and go get him as he’s there just waiting.”
 
“What do you mean waiting there have been three one nighters hit on him in the last ten minutes.”
 
“Don’t pay that any attention to them, we have explained to you how to overcome all objections these guys might come up with.  Girl friends and wives are easily put aside if you follow our instructions.  This is your night now don’t blow it, go get him.”
 
As she started to get up another girl tried to hit on him and he just turned his back on her without saying anything.  She, after saying some unkind words left in a huff.
 
“Now go while he is still focused on her,” the girls said.  “Just trust your instincts and you will be set for the night of your life.”
 
Lil got up and walked straight over and sat down next to Aaron and said; “Buy me a drink.”
 
He turned to look at this brash woman and started to reject her like the others but Lil spoke first and said, “If you don’t buy me a drink, I will start screaming.”
 
Aaron looked at her in unbelief and tried to say something but nothing would come out.  “This woman is crazy,” he thought and decided a drink might settle her down.  He looked at the bar man and asked the woman, “What do you want?”
 
She said, “The same as you are having.”
 
Aaron said, “It is a lemon and lime but no alcohol.”
 
She said, “The same for me.”  She just sat there staring at Aaron as he gave the barkeep ten dollars and he nodded to him meaning keep the change.
 
The bar man nodded back meaning thanks.
 
Lil spoke and said, “Now that I have your attention I will explain what this is all about but it will take a little while so relax and I think you will be intrigued.”
 
Aaron sat silently holding his drink but not drinking it.
 
She said, “To start with I work in a large office with about a hundred men and the same amount of women.  Most are under the age of forty with a few bosses a bit older, do you have that in mind?”
 
He nodded without saying anything but was transfixed staring into her eyes.
 
She went on saying, “I have never been with a man if you understand what I’m saying.”
 
When he heard that it broke his gaze and he spilled part of his drink.  He gasped, “What…?”
 
She went on and said, “I don’t know how it got around but everyone in the office knows I am still a virgin and I am the subject of conversation day in and out. 
 
Almost every male in the office building has hit on me many times and the more successful ones, you know the real Romeos have said some unkind things after being rejected.  I have found it necessary to face some of them down and they admitted what they said was a lie but the lie leaves a stain.
 
I am a very normal person in every way but I don’t feel that satisfying some jerk’s sex drive is for me. 

If you can see those women making all the noise over there they work with me and for the last three months they have been harassing me to give it up.  I have heard it all when it comes to reasons not to be a virgin.
 
Finally I  have had it with them and now I have decided to do something about it…”
 
“Wait,” he said, you aren’t thinking that I…”
 
Lil said, “Don’t interrupt until I’m finished for you might be flattering yourself.  
 
Understand that I want these people I work with to think I went through with the act and what I want you to do is take my arm and walk out with me.  I will simply wink at them and they will write the rest of the script.
 
Now please will you help me or I will have to go through with this again and again with someone else.  Know this I have no intention in going through with it, so if that thought comes to your mind just forget it.”
 
Aaron said, “Wow that is some story.”  He went on and said, “The reason I’m in this place where I don’t frequent at all is I have been in negotiation with a company on a big deal and I was told to meet their representative to sign the papers here tonight and I didn’t know it was bar where we were to meet.”
 
She said, “I heard one of the girls you turned down say you were gay, is that the case?”
 
He had a look of disgust come across his face and said, “Absolutely not.”  He went on and said, “I’m not interested in dating or whatever for my wife died in childbirth eighteen months ago.  I haven’t got over it fully as of yet.
 
These women disgust me for I have had everything a man could want in a woman and the life style these women pursue is repugnant to me.
 
Please forgive me for I was just about to say something to you I would have regretted because I don’t speak to women that way.  If it will help you I would be glad to take your arm and walk out of here with you.”
 
Lil winked at the girls as she walked out and had a big smile on her face.
 
Once outside he said, “Let’s get lost in case they come out and try to follow us.  My car is here so get in and we will lose them should they try to follow.”
 
As they drove alone he asked her if she was hungry.  She said yes she was for she hadn’t had time to eat dinner.
 
He said the same here neither lunch nor supper.  
 
He then asked if she would like to have dinner with him to which she said, “I shouldn’t but I’m starving, so yes.”
 
“What do you want to eat?” he asked and she said, “How about Italian?”
 
“Italian it is.”  They had a long, delicious meal and began to talk like people on a first date.  Both relaxed and became interested in what the other had to say.  
 
It wasn’t until the place was closing they realized they had talked for three hours.  He left a large tip for the waiter who wasn’t looking too pleased with them for sitting so long.
 
He talked about his wife and the child she gave him who was now a year and a half.
 
Lil was captivated by the way he spoke of his now dead wife for theirs was the kind of love women dream about but seldom find.  Just to talk with a man who had the capacity to love as he loved his wife was exciting.
 
As he listened to Lil talk he could see here was a principled woman who had been unable so far to find the man she needed.  She wasn’t willing to settle for a man that wasn’t her equal in character and she was willing to remain single just as she was unless he came across her path.
 
It was getting late so Adam asked where she wanted to go and she said she didn’t know, to some hotel she guessed for she didn’t expect things to go this far.
 
She didn’t want to go home for she wanted her co-workers and everyone to think she had spent the night with Aaron.
 
While she was undecided he said, “You’re going home with me.”
 
Her mind was filled with thoughts!  Now wait, he was exactly what she wanted in a husband, but she wasn’t ready for the honeymoon before the wedding.
 
While those instant thoughts flew through her mind he said, “Now don’t get the wrong idea.  My mother is at home taking care of little Marcie and we have an extra bedroom with a lock on the door.”
 
She tried to let her breath out easy so he wouldn’t know she had sucked in her lungs full or air, when he said the words; “I’m taking you to my house.”
 
She said as calmly as she could, “That would be nice.”
 
Upon arriving at Aaron’s home it was a beautiful house.  They found his mother Stella in the kitchen making a cup of tea.
 
She acted as if she wasn’t surprised at Aaron bringing a woman home but couldn’t pull it off very well.  She told them to sit down and have some tea with her.
 
Aaron said, no, he was going to check on Marcie and get ready for bed.
 
Lil was still full from the restaurant meal but said she would be happy to join her for some tea.
 
For the next hour they talked about Aaron and how they met that night.
 
Stella thought her story was a riot.  For the last six months she had been trying to get him to find someone to go out with but he wouldn’t budge on it.
 
Lil tried not to yawn but couldn’t hold it back.  Stella said, “C’mon I’m going to put you to bed.”
 
She pointed to a room and said, “I’ll be right back in a moment.”
 
Shortly she came in as Lil was undressing and gave her a lacy night gown and said, “You will fit into this.”
 
Lil finished undressing and put the gown on and it was a lovely garment.
 
Stella said you sleep in and when you get up we will go on with our conversation.
 
At eleven a maid came in to see if Lil was awake and ready to get up.  Lil heard a young child playing outside of her room and thought that must be Marcie I have heard about.
 
On the foot of the bed she spied some fresh undies the maid had put there and with those in hand she went into her bathroom, showered and then dressed.
 
When toddler Marcie saw Lil she ran over and put her arms around her legs and put her foot on Lil’s feet and held on as Lil walked into the kitchen.
 
Stella told Marcie that was enough and explained Marcie has been doing that since she could walk but was now getting too heavy for it.
 
She fixed breakfast for Lil and asked if she slept well and Lil answered, “Like a log. She went on to say, “I appreciate the undies for I hadn’t planned on what happened and I hate the feeling of being unclean.”
 
Stella said, “I know the feeling.”
 
Lil told Stella more about her past and hopes for the future with Stella nodding approval as she listened.
 
Stella finally spoke up and said, “That saved me asking a lot of questions and now what I want to know if you think you could handle a child like Marcie?”
 
Lil said, “Her and several more.  I was the oldest of seven kids and I had to help raise the younger ones so Marcie wouldn’t be any problem for me but why would you ask?”
 
Stella said, “Maybe you don’t know it yet, but you are my new daughter-in-law.”
 
Lil said, ‘Wait just a minute, I only met Aaron last night, and I don’t really know him.”
 
Stella said, “You know him better than you think.  Last night the two of you opened up your hearts to one another and what’s more important was you accepted each other without reservations.  
 
There are people who are married for years and don’t reach the point you two have done in a few hours.  Tell yourself how you feel about him and being honest you will conclude you want him and you want him now.”
 
Lil said, “I need some air; I’m going for a walk.”
 
Stella said, “Aaron is out there somewhere.  Find him and then come back and tell me your decision.”
 
When she saw Aaron she started to turn away but he had already seen her.
 
He quickly came over to her and took her hands and just looked in her eyes.
 
As she turned her head he placed his hand beneath her chin and gently turned her face back toward him.  They stood there for a long time not speaking.
 
After some time he spoke and said, “Are you ready?” and without hesitating she said, “Yes.”
 
Entering the house they found Stella in the game room playing with Marcie and Aaron told her, “She said yes.”
 
“Yes to what?” Stella asked?
 
He said, “Yes she would marry me.”
 
Stella said, “Is that right Lil?”
 
Lil said, “Yes that’s right. I will marry him as soon as possible for I have waited long enough and I have found the right man.  I knew I would know him when I met him but until now he hadn’t come on the scene.”
 
Marcie ran over and put her arms around Lil and said, “Mama,” which caused a tear to form in Lil’s eye.
 
She called in sick for three days and when she returned to the office she had Aaron on her arm and said, “I would like you to meet my husband for we were married yesterday and now there isn’t a virgin in the whole office.
 
From this point on I will be a housewife and mother.”
 
All the girls and guys applauded and wanted to know how it came about.
 
Lil told her version of the affair and invited her close friends to a wedding reception.  
 
During the reception Stella stood and said I want to toast the bride and groom but first perhaps we should let them in on a secret.
 
About that time the man who had asked Aaron to meet him at the bar showed up and Aaron wondered who invited him.  Stella went over to him and said this is George who I must thank for helping me by getting Aaron into the bar where he would never have gone on his own.
 
Then there are Lil’s girlfriends who hounded Lil into going to the bar where it was setup for her to meet Aaron.  
 
After investigating Lil I knew she was absolutely perfect for Aaron but getting them together was a herculean task.  Since I knew all about Lil before we ever met personally and knew she wasn’t about to come into contact with someone as withdrawn as Aaron.  
 
You all know how it was played out and the part you played and I thank you one and all.
 
Aaron and Lil feigned looking shocked but then Lil said, “This is a little bit of a shock but we wish to thank you for doing a good thing.  Actually the whole thing seems to be off the wall but the result is marvelous.”
 
Aaron then spoke and said, “Without any question I must say, Mother knows best.” 
 
 * * * Finis * * *  
 This post is shared at: Tell Me a Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.