New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

WHERE HE LEADS ME I WILL FOLLOW



Being saved back in 1948 in a “Missions oriented church,” we were always challenged with being consecrated to His service.

There wasn't any other lifestyle ever considered it was always stressed to follow the Holy Spirit's leading.

Scriptures like Romans 8:14-16 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God, The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God,

These were imprinted in our minds. We knew God by our relationship, our experience and by standing on the promises of GOD.

This attitude was promoted both by preaching and the songs we sang.

One song that stood out at the end of the services was; "Where He leads me I will follow". The impact of this early training still is with me and is an unchanging mind set.

Over the last couple of decades the church has been blessed with many songs of worship and people are blessed as they in turn praise the Lord. There isn't cause for comparing the songs of worship with the challenging hymns of consecration but both should have a place in our lives.

The songs  and choruses of worship create an atmosphere where the Spirit of GOD can move upon his people and the hymns of consecration are songs that reflect our resolve in our daily life as we are forced to mingle with the world.

The words to the song tell their own story:

"Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated Lord to Thee”

Take my life and let it be, consecrated Lord to Thee.

Take my moments and my days; Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my will and make it Thine, It shall be no longer mine,

Take my heart, it is Thine own, It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love my Lord I pour, At Thy feet it’s treasure store,

Take myself and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.


As Jesus said to the Pharisees; "You should have done the latter and done the former also."

Therefore we also sing our songs of worship and the songs of consecration.

Thankfully some songs incorporate both worship and consecration. I love these songs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkPgph8-yHY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ptwKQD1Ux8&feature=related


This post is Linked with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.