New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

WHAT’S IN YOUR GARDEN?


It’s the time of the year to prepare your garden spot, of course there are always some energetic people who are always the first to get their garden in. Already there are weeds that have sprung up and it will be a battle of the wills until the reaping season is over, for some seed take time to emerge.

While I was preparing my spot for planting I looked at the soil and there were no weeds evident but I know there are seeds hidden away just waiting for the right stimulus to cause them to spring forth. A little water, some sunshine and nutrients will equal some weeds causing me grief throughout the summer.

Psalms139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

The song writer wrote a song based upon these verses; Search me oh GOD and know my heart today, try me oh Savior, know my thoughts I pray. See if there be some wicked way in me, cleanse me from every sin and set me free.

Like the hidden seeds in my garden there were hidden seeds within Adam and Eve that were activated by doubt and brought forth the fruit of sin. Cain had a hidden seed of murder that came to life when stimulated by jealousy.

What on earth did GOD have in mind when he created man with the capacity to sin if HE didn’t want them to sin? The answer to that question will have to wait until we are face to face with our savior but HE wanted to make a creature like unto HIMSELF who had the power of free choice. In any case there are these seeds within us which when they receive the right stimulus will spring up and produce fruit.

The one thing GOD did for us was to give us control over which seeds were activated. One helpful thing came out of the sin of Adam was the knowledge of good and evil or saying it another way the difference between right and wrong. It is inherently within us, all good and all evil are seeds waiting to be watered and fertilized and as Satan put ideas into Eve’s head so also each one is receiving similar ideas today.

We wonder why some of our spiritual leaders fall? Perhaps it was because when these seeds started to sprout they added fertilizer instead of weed killer to them.

There is such a thing as pre emergent herbicide that controls weeds. This is a statement from a supplier of on such product; "Contrary to popular belief, pre-emergent weed killers don't destroy weeds and their seeds. They simply stop them from growing.  Some seeds are known to last fifty years, so if the herbicide isn't applied each year, the weed will grow."

So the sum of the whole matter is; everyone must deal with the problem of weed control in their life. You can use pre-emergent (read your bible, attend church, pray) and weed on a daily basis. If this isn't done you can expect that fruit will be just around the corner and sooner or later you will turn that corner and partake of the bitter fruit even as Eve did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.