New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

INTRO TO “TEACH ME TO PRAY”

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary, so starts the declaration of independence which defines (along with some other documents) the freedoms we have in this country. The freedom to worship after the dictates of our hearts is one of the most important of all.

Out of the millions of gods so worshiped if one is lucky enough to have recognized the one true GOD and to have made their commitment to HIM they are truly blessed. It is further to be noted that not only do we have an object to worship but we also are able to communicate with HIM, and this communication is not limited to a monologue but rather it is a dialogue.

Our relationship is internalized in as much that GOD the Holy Spirit dwells within us so our communication is not long distanced. I decided to rehearse my knowledge and feelings concerning prayer because I suspect that those among us who can face the truth will admit they have more failures than successes in prayer.

When prayer is made the “what I’m gonna get” philosophy rules in many cases instead of what does GOD want in this matter. It is so hard to conclude that I am not the most important being in this universe and there are problems larger than what I have.

Jesus called us friends but at the same time we are friends who are called to serve. Any benefit we receive from prayer must at the same time serve the purposes of GOD. for we are in this together and not only self serving.

Should you read any of my posts on prayer - - remember they are what came to my mind and not a treatise on the subject. If you see something you have a different view on, so be it.

The main thing to remember is to check up on yourself and reinforce those beliefs you are comfortable with. No one is being tested or challenged as to their beliefs except me. This study has caused me some discomfort but I have dealt with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.