New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS

I don’t know about you but I talk to myself quite a bit. In part it is because I’m the only one that is interested in what I have to say. Besides that I am a ready listener and agree with myself most of the time.

I was having one of these conversations with myself about taking a shower, after long deliberations it was decided that I should. I removed my clothes down to my socks and then this called for another discussion.

Should I take my socks off or leave them on and wash them at the same time I showered?

I couldn’t believe how many pros and cons there were concerning this. If I showered with them on I could save time and possibly some soap. But then I would have to wear them dry. On the other side I should take them off and wash them separately and not have to deal with the drying process on my feet.

This type of moronic thinking can be used when making decisions about spiritual things. When the scripture says “This is the way walk ye in it!” it is clear as to what it says, but oft times we may look for another way that is just as good. We think, if GOD had done it this way, it would have been so much better. Therefore I believe it will be okay if I would fudge a little bit on this.

While it seems a little dogmatic to me maybe it would make more sense if - - Surely this scripture can’t apply to this situation even though it seems to. I believe it will be okay to cheat a little because GOD wants me to succeed.

Romans 1:21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.

Foolish thinking leads to foolish conclusions and results in foolish decisions and actions. As a man thinks in his heart so is he. Thinking in the heart is self talk; it can damage an individual beyond repair.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

An unsound mind does not come from GOD but rather is a product of external forces, stress and satanic input. Let our inward thinking and self talk lead us to looking beyond the thought of the moment and evaluating and judging the results of that thought.  Any thought acted upon will have consequences.

Ecclesiastes.12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Each action of man is preceded by self talk and can produce interesting results. An interesting climax can be seen in the following URL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr8CPA2YaCI

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.