New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

FULL OF IT

Like the rest of you, when I was young I was full of it, and I was full of ALL of it. That seems to be the easiest way to say it.

Like you, I was irrepressible, in plainer language, a wild hair, hard to control, even when I was forced by threats to sit; I had the attitude of, “I’m still standing up on the inside.”

After I got some of my idiotism brought under control (Got some sense slapped into me,) I began to direct some of this energy to productive areas and was able to make a living using these resolves.

When everything is going your way it is surprising how little of GOD’S resources you need, or at least that can be your mind set. I am not talking about those who have not received Christ as savior; I’m speaking of the beloved in Christ. It takes real effort to humble yourself and feel dependent on GOD when you have everything under control, and the good times are here, or am I missing something?

Now I have good news, well just let me say I have some news for you; help is on its way! As time goes by you will find out that you will need to come to rely on HIM more than you once did in the past.

When your kids begin to grow up and assert themselves, when they get their truth from peers who don’t have it together, then all you can do is hope and pray.

When health begins to slip and working days are past you find yourself emptied out and all you have left is GOD to depend on, it becomes much easier to be humble. If one has practiced this dependence on HIM through life even in a small measure it will be easier to “Cast all your care on HIM” in this time of need.

The rain falls upon the just and the unjust, and sometimes it “Comes in like a flood,” As long as we are in this world we are subject to the system of the world, and we must, even in the good times commit our way unto the LORD, and then we stand ready to deal with what is our lot.

The old saying “practice the presence of the LORD” will sit well with you when “trials come a knocking.”

You can say in your heart come on, the LORD and I are ready for you.

So be ready, your adversary is going about seeking to eat you alive, resist him with your faith in GOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dd-69K3YNM&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.